Skip to main content

Fallen

London Has Fallen.

I know it's just a movie. I actually like action movies. I enjoy the thrill, the good vs bad dichotomy. And I enjoyed the first movie.

And don't get me wrong, I enjoyed this movie too. But a part of my brain and my heart ached watching it this time.

Brussels has fallen.
Paris has fallen.
Too many have fallen.

They never showed the innocent. They never showed the public. Death and destruction were ignored (unless you were bad or good) to move the plot line along. I know this.  I've watched enough action movies to know that gets too deep into the emotional side of things and you'll lose your target audience.

But perhaps emotion is what we need. We need to see what this type of violence and destruction leads to. We need to see the faces of fear,  children making sense of the awful in front of them. If all we see is buildings and smoke, how will we be moved to change?

Comments

  1. Totally agree with you. I don't think I will see this movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting to reflect on how the entertainment industry does (or doesn't) stay in touch with helping us process this crazy world we live in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Then there are all the places in the world that have been hurt by terrorism that do not make the headlines. It is a scary time for sure. Not a movie I need to see- real life is scary enough!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments welcome - and appreciated!