1) Comments mean everything. They mean you're heard, your words have value, and other people care.
2) Keeping a physical notebook was hard. I did much better when ideas came to me and I started a new blog post and saved it as a draft.
3) Time can be hard to find. I did better when I set a 30 minute timer for myself for writing and a 30 minute timer for commenting, at separate times of the day.
4) I like writing narratives - which makes me laugh, because I hated writing growing up. My most fun posts were ones where I told stories - with dialogue, or descriptions, or characters.
5) It makes me happy when my writing makes people feel, not necessarily think. I thought I would enjoy most the posts that were thought provoking or topics I felt strongly about - but I enjoyed the ones where I tried to make people laugh, or smile, or sigh.
I appreciate everyone who took the time to read the words that are carrying me through my life. I am looking forward to posting every Tuesday and continuing on with this next March!

Congratulations. This is my fourth year and it was the comments that took me by surprise. It means so much that strangers are affected in some small way by my writing.
ReplyDeleteCongrats! You are so right--comments breathe life into you on days you feel you're just putting your writing out into an empty void! I enjoy narratives, too! It's funny how we change as life progresses, isn't it?
ReplyDeleteI too was amazed about the power of comments. The days were I did not receive any, made me question myself as a writer.m
ReplyDeleteThoughtful and true reflections on the process. Comments truly do matter. Wasn't it amazing?! You did it! Congratulations! Look forward to stopping by on Tuesday!
ReplyDeleteThe psychological stroking that comes with comments sustains us as writers. It is pleasing to here how positive you feel as a result of your participation. You are part of a community. you have been drawn in and it shows. Congratulations on being a brave writer! Power on...
ReplyDeleteHmm- my notebook went into hibernation this month for the most part- amazing that you juggled like that. It was great to get to know you a bit through your writing. Glad to know I will "see" you on Tuesdays.
ReplyDeleteLove the timer idea.
ReplyDelete