Early Saturday afternoon
posted on the doors, both front and back
were words I never thought I'd write.
I won't quote them directly
for they were many and many
but here was the gist.
'Many things bring us together
Tonight, it's bacon and beer
But more importantly, friendship.
We believe in the 1st Amendment
Opinions are often shared loud and proud
But tonight, the political kind are off the table.
Please come in and join us
Grab a beer, eat some bacon
Remember what is bringing us together.'
The sign came down the next day
having done its job,
for the time being anyway.
I'm holding my friends in my heart
I'm holding my neighbors in my heart
I'm holding the world in my heart.
It beats on
We'll beat on
Together.
posted on the doors, both front and back
were words I never thought I'd write.
I won't quote them directly
for they were many and many
but here was the gist.
'Many things bring us together
Tonight, it's bacon and beer
But more importantly, friendship.
We believe in the 1st Amendment
Opinions are often shared loud and proud
But tonight, the political kind are off the table.
Please come in and join us
Grab a beer, eat some bacon
Remember what is bringing us together.'
The sign came down the next day
having done its job,
for the time being anyway.
I'm holding my friends in my heart
I'm holding my neighbors in my heart
I'm holding the world in my heart.
It beats on
We'll beat on
Together.
Having a community to both celebrate with and mourn with is important to our human experience. Thanks for sharing about your time of community.
ReplyDelete