March Madness is in my blood.
My husband just said to me, "Well, you know they're going to win, so why do you have to watch?".
It isn't in his.
I was 6 when Tate George hit the game winning shot for the men against Clemson in the NCAA tournament.
I was 11 when the UConn women went 35-0 to win their first National Championship.
I was 15 when the UConn men beat Duke to win their first National Championship.
I was 18 when the UConn women, with their best lineup ever, went 39-0 and won the National Championship.
I was 20 when both the UConn men AND UConn women won the National Championship in the same year, the women winning their 3rd Championship in a row.
I was 22 when I almost missed a flight because I was watching the UConn men play George Mason into overtime.
I was 27 when the UConn women set the record for 90 straight wins.
I was 30 when both the UConn men AND UConn women won the National Championship in the same year - again.
I was 32 when the UConn women won their fourth straight National Championship.
I am 33 when the UConn women are setting the record for most consecutive wins (again) with 110 . . . and counting.
Yes, I do have a pretty good idea that they're going to win. But I'll still be watching.
My husband just said to me, "Well, you know they're going to win, so why do you have to watch?".
It isn't in his.
I was 6 when Tate George hit the game winning shot for the men against Clemson in the NCAA tournament.
I was 11 when the UConn women went 35-0 to win their first National Championship.
I was 15 when the UConn men beat Duke to win their first National Championship.
I was 18 when the UConn women, with their best lineup ever, went 39-0 and won the National Championship.
I was 20 when both the UConn men AND UConn women won the National Championship in the same year, the women winning their 3rd Championship in a row.
I was 22 when I almost missed a flight because I was watching the UConn men play George Mason into overtime.
I was 27 when the UConn women set the record for 90 straight wins.
I was 30 when both the UConn men AND UConn women won the National Championship in the same year - again.
I was 32 when the UConn women won their fourth straight National Championship.
I am 33 when the UConn women are setting the record for most consecutive wins (again) with 110 . . . and counting.
Yes, I do have a pretty good idea that they're going to win. But I'll still be watching.
Comments
Post a Comment
Comments welcome - and appreciated!