Skip to main content

Month

This month has been an awakening
the causes of which are myriad and complex
But who am I to judge?
Whether it be mornings, Sundays, or Monday,
So far in my life, there is no comparison.

Were there nerves? Absolutely.
Currently, they are slowly coursing through my veins.
But this community has been like a mentor,
an experienced and trusted advisor on all of life's stuff.

During my many trials, I have taken solace in silence
In the snuggles of my cats, in the stacks of books around my home

When it felt like life was kicking me to the curb
When every day my mind went back-and-forth
Your slices brought me to a space I needed
A space where I could look out for signs 
Signs like more sunlight through DST
Sweet sunlight that eases my worry

So on this final day of our challenge
Where many of you have acted as a life coach for me
Commenting on my slices and offering me support and encouragement
I want to express my appreciation for the things this month has brought me.

For helping me turn a hobby into a routine.
For giving me something to look forward to, even when I was fighting exhaustion
For being alongside me as I've struggled to find clarity
For helping me build a vision of the life I want to lead

So thank you
I hope to continue this on a regular basis (just not every day!)
Which, happily, will leave me more time for yoga
Can't wait to see you all next month!

Comments

  1. Great poem. I really like how you italicized and changed the color of the important words. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the format, love the color green, love the sentiments. So glad you had such a fulfilling Month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the interactive nature of the poem as reflecting point/launching point and digital curation point. All rolled into writing!
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! A culmination of all your "One Word At A Time" slices. This drew me to your slices, which I now have to read. A fantastic idea. You have a way with words and it worked well. My question is, whether you planned to finish off like this from the beginning and whether you brainstormed the words before March? I have learned so much from your creativity. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was more nervous, more self-conscious than I thought I would be for this challenge as well. Seeing that we often grow most during moments like that, it was a wonderful experience. Like you, hobby became routine, I fought through exhaustion, and the challenge illuminated so many things I want more of in my life. Thank you for finding the words I needed this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely LOVE how you tied your month of words together in this way. What an amazing way to reflect! I agree with everything you said about this opportunity and this community. A hobby has become routine for me too! It just doesn't necessarily have to be a routine every day. I needed that jump start, though, to consider myself a writer again. What a month!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your thoughts are strong and the format really fits them. Being r flextime e on our craft strengthens us as does the challenge of a daily deadline. Something I’ve given kids all the time and never thought of until yesterday.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments welcome - and appreciated!