Skip to main content

Sweet

Some mornings, 
you roll out of bed, 
eager to start your day


check the school's website 
to see if there is any weather related news
(there is, you're getting out early!)


post your Slice, 
pour a cup of coffee, 
change out the laundry


And just before you go 
to jump in the shower, 
you walk into the bedroom


And something is in front of you,
something so surprising
that you can't ignore


So you stop what you're doing
take it all in
and reach for your camera, because


Brother and sister, 
calm and feisty, 
social and introvert, 
solid and stripes,
yin and yang


are sharing a moment together, 
without coaxing or encouragement


So with a smile
you click away,
capturing a sweet moment







Comments

  1. Aaah... I love this! I absolutely love your word placement and the way you take us through your morning. It works so well!! And your kitties are adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm having fun playing with poetry and the visual aspect of it, even with limited options. And I think they're adorable too <3

      Delete
  2. What a great moment! Your pictures are adorable. Hoping the kids in my classroom are as calm and content as your two little friends in your picture. Your day is definitely off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The best way to start a day! Hope your day was calm too! <3

      Delete
  3. Aw, so sweet! Loved how this poem flowed and those pictures are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love cats! Too bad you didn't have time to stop and cuddle with them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, don't worry, I did. As soon as I stopped taking pictures I climbed on the bed and snuggled with Sydney (the grey one) as Skittles only likes to cuddle on her terms :)

      Delete
  5. Lovely poem and an absolutely sweet moment! Only one thing better than one cat and that is two!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked the way my eye moved across the screen as I read your slice. It made me feel like I was moving through the steps of the morning with you.

    Look at those sweeties. Just precious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love playing with the visual aspect of poetry as well as the words . . . and they are so precious! :)

      Delete
  7. Truth: I'm not a cat person, and I still love your post and your pictures. The mystery and gradual unfolding worked really well, and oh--those faces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) I just love when they snuggle together and I can capture both faces - but still completely see their personalities shine through! Thank you!

      Delete
  8. What a wonderful moment you captured in pictures and in words. The way you moved your phrases across the day helped to illustrate the forward movement of these events. This would have felt different all written on the left side in stanzas. Interestingly, I can read just the lines in the middle of the page and it also works to tell your story. Happy morning! Take it in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE that you noticed that when I didn't even attempt to think about that - but now you have given me an idea about what to try with my next poetry attempt. I love playing with space and seeing how that changes how you feel as you're reading it. Thank you Cathy!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Comments welcome - and appreciated!