The alarm went off at 5:45 and I hit snooze . . . again . . . and again . . . and again. Every time I opened my eyes, I could hear the rain against the window. As it trickled down the pane, I could feel my eyes slowly closing. The cats, one tucked under an arm, the other between my legs, gently purred, lulling me back to sleep.
Finally, at 6:30, I woke up enough to realize what time it was. I slowly sat up, stretching, and, seeing that the day was going to be gray and dreary, quickly showered and threw up my hair in a bun.
After a dry drive into work, the rain started falling again as I was heading out to morning duty. Usually punctuated by smiling faces and energetic "hello!"s, everyone seemed to be moving slower and quieter today.
All day, things seemed to move slowly - no one seemed to have the energy to exclaim or exalt - every seemed to murmur or whisper.
Now I'm home, snuggled up on the couch - again with one cat under an arm and another on my lap - and this time I'm letting the lack of energy take me away . . . to a nap, a few minutes of quiet meditation, who knows.
Hopefully the impending sunshine of tomorrow will life those energy levels back up where they should be!
Finally, at 6:30, I woke up enough to realize what time it was. I slowly sat up, stretching, and, seeing that the day was going to be gray and dreary, quickly showered and threw up my hair in a bun.
After a dry drive into work, the rain started falling again as I was heading out to morning duty. Usually punctuated by smiling faces and energetic "hello!"s, everyone seemed to be moving slower and quieter today.
All day, things seemed to move slowly - no one seemed to have the energy to exclaim or exalt - every seemed to murmur or whisper.
Now I'm home, snuggled up on the couch - again with one cat under an arm and another on my lap - and this time I'm letting the lack of energy take me away . . . to a nap, a few minutes of quiet meditation, who knows.
Hopefully the impending sunshine of tomorrow will life those energy levels back up where they should be!
I hope that tomorrow is brighter in your area, but I sure enjoyed your description of the dreary day! This line was lovely: "All day, things seemed to move slowly - no one seemed to have the energy to exclaim or exalt - every seemed to murmur or whisper."
ReplyDeleteFrom the start, I was hanging on all your words. I loved how you hit snooze after snooze and then realized the time. I would have been in a mad dash, but great for you that today moved slower than usual. I hope you see the sun tomorrow! It makes everyone happier. :)
ReplyDelete