Children have a Tooth Fairy.
Students have a Desk Fairy.
I have a magical Beer Fairy.
The Tooth Fairy leaves money under a pillow.
The Desk Fairy leaves stickers and notes inside a desk.
The Beer Fairy leaves delicious beer on my front step.
![]() |
| Whoopee! The Beer Fairy has been here! |
My friend and her husband are beer connoisseurs. He knows more than I ever will about beer, especially about craft beers. They've traveled extensively and taste and sample everywhere they go. They built a pub in their basement, where friends and family come to relax, catch a game, and always drink some delicious beer.
As we became friends, she and I began planning trips to breweries, pubs, and restaurants that carried specialty craft beers. Our friendship grew over those many pints and all that live music. She began to learn what tastes my husband enjoys (stouts, coffee-flavored anything, nothing hoppy) and what tastes I love (IPA, Double IPA, the hoppier the better, anything amber, anything Vermont . . .).
She drives by my house every day on her way to work. She discovered that, by doing so, she avoids a horrible highway merge where more often than not there's traffic. I hear her little "beep beep" every morning that I'm getting into my car when she drives by (happens more often than you'd think!). Every once in a while, I'll open the door to head out to work and, lo and behold, the Magical Beer Fairy has been by my house!
Sometimes it's just beer that she has that she knows we'll like. Sometimes she's made Jameson brownies (soooo delish) and has some beer that will go with them. Sometimes they've visited a brewery and picked up something we'd like. Regardless, to open the door when heading out to work and see a delicious concoction hand-picked for you, with a fun little note? A great way to start the day!
Today's Beer Fairy surprises - can you guess which one of us they're for?
![]() |
| Stout Aged w/Coffee |
![]() |
| Tart IPA |
![]() |
| Chocolate Milk Stout |
![]() |
| New England Style IPA |






I'd like a beer fairy - cool! Have you tasted any new reds lately?
ReplyDelete