I had a chance today to speak with a coach about my own coaching.
I've been having less success with one of my grade level teams. I don't have the same level of relationship with them that I do with the other team I coach. I struggle to get into their classrooms - and when I do come in, I still get the, "Can I help you with something?" question.
My coach and I were able to brainstorm what we believed may be the sources of the problems, we thought about what I could do to address the problems, and creatively thought about some "out of the box" things to try.
After about thirty minutes, I hung up, feeling good about the plan we had made. It was nice to be the coachee instead of the coach!
I've been having less success with one of my grade level teams. I don't have the same level of relationship with them that I do with the other team I coach. I struggle to get into their classrooms - and when I do come in, I still get the, "Can I help you with something?" question.
My coach and I were able to brainstorm what we believed may be the sources of the problems, we thought about what I could do to address the problems, and creatively thought about some "out of the box" things to try.
After about thirty minutes, I hung up, feeling good about the plan we had made. It was nice to be the coachee instead of the coach!
Everyone needs a chance to be coached at times, instead of always being the coach. It is our way of filling up the cup so that we can pour out again.
ReplyDeleteI was a coach for 5 years before I got the chance to go back to a classroom. I have to say, I LOVE being back on the "other side." I have learned so much from both positions! (Jennifer Sniadecki)
ReplyDelete