Currently…
Listening to … my husband's iPad play "Star Trek Voyager" on Netflix which he binges every night as he falls asleep; the gentle purr of the cat who is laying on my legs
Thinking about … heading back into work tomorrow morning after two days off; the results of the test I had done this morning; some fun weekend plans full of music and friends; the student meeting I'm going to miss in the morning because of a full day of PD that I am worrying over
Wearing … a few extra layers on top of what is already on the bed, plus the cat on my legs who will probably be joined by another cat
Eating … healthy; a couple of friends of mine are doing weight watchers (I'm using a different plan) and we have a group text going to hold each other accountable for our food choices - mine have been slacking over these two snow days
Feeling … relaxed after my "Release the Week" hour long yoga class tonight; it feels great to show up on my mat every Thursday night and let the week go and focus on my body and my mind
Reading … three books at once (Kindle - About the Night by Anat Talshir; Nightstand - Seven Minutes in Heaven by Eloisa James {I'm a romance book junkie!}; Pocketbook/Breakfast - Curious Minds by Janet Evanovich and Phoef Sutton); usually I have an audiobook going too but I've been enjoying a silent car ride lately
Dreaming about … spending time outside when the snow finally melts and the sun is shining; I am ready for some cleansing outdoor time at this point
Thankful for … the closeness of family - this has been an extremely trying year so far; in the cases of two extremely traumatic events that have happened so far this year, we have been so lucky to have family who have dropped everything to be together and support each other - I'm not sure what the last two months would have been like otherwise
I like this way of categorizing your day, noticing the small details that make up the feeling of the whole. It sounds cozy and restful, despite the worries!
ReplyDeleteIt was so neat to think about my day in pieces like that. I never would have categorized it as cozy and restful, but it sure was!
DeleteI love doing the prompt of Currently! I learned a lot about you from your post, and I love how you adding dreaming to it!
ReplyDeleteIt is a fun one to do! :)
Delete"the cat who will probably be joined by another cat"--loved this! The Currently format is a surprisingly rich foundation for a slice, I think. I always enjoy reading them and learning more about the writer. I love how each entry in your Currently could be its own little slice.
ReplyDeleteMy husband and I joke that we can almost time it to the minute when either cat will come join us in bed. They are creatures of habit - one sleeps between his legs and one between mine, and then I always wake up with both since he is up and to work very early in the morning!
DeleteI hadn't thought about each being a slice, but they sure could be!
I like how calm this post seems, despite the worry you mentioned. Hope the test results are what you want!
ReplyDeleteI think yoga had a lot to do with why I was feeling so calm and restful despite the worry. I'm feeling hopeful too that the test results will be what I want them to be :) Thank you!
DeleteThanks for reminding me of this great structure. I've used it in the past and will keep it in the back of my mind for future slices. I enjoyed getting to know a little about you. Your reading habits sound somewhat like mine - I usually have a print book (or two), digital book, and audio book going. Hoping your worries are soon resolved in the best of ways.
ReplyDeleteI never thought I'd be one to juggle books, but it is working for me!! I always keep "Currently" as an option, but haven't used it so early on before.
DeleteThanks - I hope they are too!
What a wonderful structure to use to share a little bit of you! It is so important to be centered on the present!
ReplyDeleteThis year has tested me on that for sure, but so far, so good!
Delete