Skip to main content

Monday

{a love letter to Monday}

Oh, Monday.

Most people would say that we're not good together. That you want one thing, while I want another. That you're manic. That you're moody. 

I suppose that could be true.

There are times - oh are there times! Times where I want to pull my hair out, you frustrate me so. Times where simply your name gives me a feeling in the pit of my stomach. Times where I want nothing more than to avoid you at all costs.

Then, slowly, sweetly, quietly, you remind me. You remind me that to hate you would be to hate a significant portion of my life, and who wants to waste all that time? That there have been plenty of good times together, more than enough to outweigh the bad.

When our time together begins, the sky often lights up in soft pastels, signaling that it's time to celebrate that we're together again. Other times, like today, things can be grey, and we have to dig deep for some warmth and motivation to want to be together.

Sometimes, I feel as if we are on the same page. As if we so carefully planned our time together and our likes and dislikes and nothing can tear us apart. Other times, I feel as if the world is starting fresh, where we get to meet each other again for the first time and rebuild what we want to be to each other.

And if I look hard enough, search long enough, dream big enough, I'm pretty sure we can do anything - as long as we do it together.

Until next time . . .

Comments

  1. I love your love letters to Sunday and Monday ... I remember a couple years ago writing a letter so spring during the SOL challenge. It personifies the day/season ... gives it a voice. I'm with you and Mondays ... this could be my love letter too.

    (FYI some of your posts have really small font that makes it difficult to read. Perhaps check the font size after you post.) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just checked them all and they all look exactly the same! Oh no! Which ones show really small for you?

      Delete
    2. Hmmmm ... just the Sunday and Monday letters are really tiny font. Maybe it's on my end! All the other posts look good! :)

      Delete
    3. I had to go all the way down to the HTML, but they look fixed to me. On your end?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Comments welcome - and appreciated!