Skip to main content

Sundays

{a love letter to Sundays}


Ahhhh, Sundays.

You're never far from my mind. Sometimes my thoughts wander to you when they shouldn't. When I'm working, or when I'm driving, or when I'm with other people. But all I have to do is think of you and *poof* my shoulders relax, *poof* my breathing slows, *poof* my mind races with possibilities.

Our time together is so special. We linger over our breakfast and coffee when we finally stumble out of bed, later than the rest of the week. We spend time reading, writing, and listening to music. We try to stay away from the TV, but sometimes we are happiest catching up on our shows together. Sometimes we spend time outside, on a hike, or even a walk around the neighborhood. I do love when we get together with family and friends, but I also love when we lay tangled up on the couch with a book.

The later it gets, the more I want you to stay. Many times I beg, borrow, and steal more and more minutes from you, until I know I'll regret it in the morning.

A week seems like a long time to wait before we see each other again. Could maybe we see each other sooner? If not, just know I'll spend this week daydreaming and wishing we could be together. 

Until then . . .

Comments

  1. I love this post! I love envisioning your Sunday life, and I love that you have personified a day of the week. Maybe you should write to other days if you get hard up for ideas this month! The letter to Monday might go a little differently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had so much fun writing this!!! I took your advice and wrote a letter to Monday for tomorrow ;-) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Such a letter of love, to a one you yearn for, yet share so little time with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, love the love letter to Sunday! I like the idea of writing letters to different days of the week or even to different months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or seasons . . . I'm doing a letter to Monday tomorrow, but I think I'll have to do a letter to Spring, a letter to Easter (or the Easter Bunny) . . . this opened up a whole new world!

      Delete
  4. Favorite Line "Sometimes my thoughts wander to you when they shouldn't." That says it all. Could be Sunday, could be bed. or summer, or a good book. Anywhere but what I am looking at and faced with in the next five minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes, I love the idea of a letter to ...hmm let me see-an idea for a slice. It's a perfect way to let the audience in secretive moments and raw feelings. It personalizes the writing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this is wonderful! I love the personification and the letter format. What a great idea for a slice, or two, or three!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super slice, Ashley. It's interesting that I get stressed the minute I wake up on Sunday. Saturday is my "just breath" and "school never crosses" my mind day, but Sunday? The blues move in with my morning coffee. Perhaps I can shift my mindset. Oh the possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful way to personify Sunday. It sounds so much like a "lover's" lament. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments welcome - and appreciated!